Hogarth Worldwide is the world’s leading creative content production company. Born to make the best work brilliantly, we combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to life for many of the world’s most famous brands.
Founded 13 years ago, Hogarth has grown from a start-up to over 4,500 people, across 30 key cities and is now part of WPP. Obsessively striving for better is in our DNA, it is the reason for our existence and continues to drive us forward in all that we do, making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to achieve your career ambitions.
What does a a UE4 / C++ Software Engineer do at Hogarth?
Our engineers develop interactive, immersive, and engaging experiences across several channels. You will turn a creative concept into a customer experience, by utilising new technology.
We are looking for a Software Engineer experienced with the Unreal Engine and C++ to join our team who can develop, and furthering our enterprise-based CGI applications for asset production. Utilising industry-leading development practices and support different plans in the team to improve application design, code quality and maintainability for our client offering.
Required Technical skills:
- Experienced with C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio
- In-depth understanding of Unreal Engine including Plugin development and Blueprints
- Experienced in change control methodologies, specifically Perforce but also Git
- Experienced in performance optimisation for GPU and CPU
Nice to have:
- Experienced with rendering and shading
- Experienced with OpenGL and Graphics API
- Experienced in Cloud Technologies - AWS, Azure or GCP
- High level of understanding of established development and engineering practices
- Experienced with CI/CD pipelines and YAML pipelines (GitHub Actions/Azure DevOps pipelines)
- Experienced with test-driven development
- Good level of understanding and applying design patterns
Requirements of the role:
- Work independently following high technical standards
- Work within an agile, production process to complete project development with rapid, iterative cycles
- Provide accurate estimates for all projects alike
- Solving complex problems
- Work on a variety of projects to write concise, clean, and understandable code, applying appropriate design patterns, in a test-driven manner; develop first-class applications that meet our client needs and quality expectations
- Contribute to departmental learning and standards within the team environment through involvement in presentations/demonstrations, and participate in the drive for collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst the team
- Stay informed about the latest trends and develop software engineering skills